Monday, June 22, 2026

Thoughts at Thirty Six

 Coming home to this blog is a tradition on my birthday.I return to these pages and gather the wisdom hidden in ordinary days.I am in a quiet retreat in the mountains of Tennessee with my little family and while my boys are sleeping soundly here I am reflecting on the lessons life taught me as I write this with gratitude..for the beautiful, the messy, and everything in between. 


Sharing a dozen of thoughts and lessons Ive read somewhere that resonated with me or learned through experience and scribbled them down on my journal.


1.The older I get, the more I appreciate boring days. Stability is underrated and surprisingly luxurious.Slow days let you sit with your thoughts and reflect on bigger ideas.


2. In your 20s,when you say you dont care what people think about you,you still do.But in your late 30s,you’ll realize,that it reflects more on them than it does in you.


3.What we give doesn’t always return,but what we give is always what we are.


4.The little things were never little things.

 A thoughtful message,a shared inside joke,a good laugh after a long day.


5.Sometimes you have to be a little rude to make people understand that you don’t tolerate nonsense.Boundaries are kindness to yourself.


6.Never underestimate the power of being a good person for no reason.Be kind when it’s easier to be cold.Be someone who is easy to talk and vent to.Shine naturally that other people remember how to shine too.


7.  Growth is often invisible until you look back.You can be proud of yourself without needing applause.


8.  Life rarely goes according to plan 

and that’s okay.Like happiness comes and goes.


9. Real friendships feel easy.In the end,I keep a few of genuine and thoughtful ones!The ones who makes me a better person just by having them in my life.Having friendships like that is life’s underrated treasure!


10.  People will show you their success but not the decades it took them to build it!Grind and grow in silence.


11. I always tell this to myself: Force yourself to read a book,grab a pen and write,in this AI era,those skills slip away with age.


12.Death will come in an ordinary day,in the middle of unfinished plans.Working too hard ain’t worth it,so live life!


Here’s to 36!Grace,growth and gratitude!

Thank you Lord God,life is groovy!



No comments:

Post a Comment